Reward and benefits
Our reward and benefits are designed to create an environment where our people can flourish. We are committed to building a culture where our people have access to the necessary benefits to help promote a healthy lifestyle and thrive. Besides a competitive salary, you'll receive our core benefits and a range of voluntary benefits to choose from focused on health, family and wellbeing.
We value and respect difference within our firm and have an inclusive and flexible approach to bank holidays, allowing our people to choose when they take their public holidays throughout the year. We want to support our people in celebrating holidays and occasions that are important to their religion, ethnicity, culture heritage or other parts of their identity and this is just one way we do this.
Through third-party market research, we analyse the market to remain competitive in our salary offerings. We will offer you a competitive salary commensurate with your experience, service line, level and location. We have a performance driven approach so you may also be eligible to receive an individual bonus. These compensation elements are just a piece of our wider offering to you and form part of our total reward approach. You will have the opportunity to discuss your starting salary and other benefits during the interview process.
If you have started on a permanent contract you're eligible to join straight away. People who join on a fixed-term or intern contract you are eligible after 3 months’ continuous service.
Our core benefits include access to life assurance, income protection and private medical cover. We also have a range of voluntary benefits to choose from with various options to cover you or your family, these include:
- Buying holiday
- Charitable contributions
- Critical illness cover
- Dental insurance
- Health assessments
- Matched pension contributions
- Personal accident insurance
- Travel insurance
Through our private medical scheme, in addition to private medical everyone can access the following services:
- Stronger Minds - Offering prompt access to mental healthcare and support from trained counsellors and psychologists, without the need for a GP referral
- Doctor@Hand - a virtual GP service, available at any time, day or night, allowing you to book a 20-minute video or phone consultation with a registered GP and access prescriptions or referrals for approved treatment
These are a list of benefits you can access at any time throughout the year:
- Anytime gym discounts - get the lowest available corporate rates from a large choice health clubs, at any time during the year
- Eye care - claim for an eye exam and glasses through your expenses
- Eye strain assessment - use our online assessment to receive a free personalised report with recommendations on how to manage eye strain
- Financial wellbeing webinars - webinars to help you to take control of your personal finances to reduce money stress
- Mortgage advice - obtain independent mortgage advice from your choice of two financial advisers
- Shopping Gateway - get product discounts and claim cash back by shopping online or purchasing store vouchers
Employee assistance programme
Our employee assistance programme gives you access to a free and confidential service offering you expert advice, valuable information, specialist counselling and support (24 hours, 7 days a week).
Get support for any of the following:
- starting a new job
- buying a new home
- relationship milestones
- having children
- moving location
- staying healthy
- returning to work
- responsibility at work
- personal and family crisis
We want to create a culture of recognition and celebrating success, by saying thank you to people who surpass our expectations and recognising the right values and behaviours. 3Cheers recognition scheme is our way of highlighting and promoting achievements. Whether you simply want to say thank you, celebrate a special occasion or give an award for doing something exceptional, you can do all of this and more through the scheme.
Flexible working and family policies
While we don't consider our flexible and agile working practices and family policies as a "benefit", we view them more as a part of our culture. Many of our people believe this to be a huge benefit working at Grant Thornton. Visit our flexible working and family page for more details.