Our culture and values
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to be yourself and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
We have created a culture of openness and transparency, where all of our people can make a difference, below are some of the key actions we have taken towards this:
- our strategy and priorities are shared with everyone in the firm, reinforced by quarterly business updates and office visits by the Strategic Leadership Team
- we regularly engage with elected representatives from our employees through our CLEARR forum – to inform, consult and seek feedback on decisions impacting on the firm
- we take pride in acting as a responsible corporate citizen and think carefully about how our actions can impact our environment, workplace, clients and suppliers and the communities in which we live
- our annual trainee induction event provides trainees with direct access to members of the Strategic Leadership Team who are on hand to answer questions about life at Grant Thornton
- we have established a confidential whistle-blowing phone-line which ensures that anyone who has concerns, for example, about how partners or staff are behaving has a means of raising their concerns confidentially. The whistle-blowing phone-line is operated on behalf of the firm by a third party organisation. Read our whistle-blowing policy (PDF) [ 277 kb ]
- our clients are provided with the opportunity to voice their opinions of our service delivery online or face to face through our client satisfaction programme. The results are fed back to the local offices and actions are taken based on that feedback
Our CLEARR values underpin our culture and how we do business – they are embedded throughout our business and set the parameters of how we expect people to behave with their colleagues, clients and the world at large.
We are aligned around a common purpose that unites us in providing the same quality experience for our clients and our people, seamlessly across borders.
We are committed to the success of our clients, our people, our profession, and our stakeholders at large, demonstrating leadership at all levels.
We are distinguished for innovation and our solutions-based approach, created and delivered by talented people with the passion to exceed expectations.
We have the ability to adapt, anticipate and respond quickly to meet complex client requirements, changes in markets and the profession.
We build relationships based on confidence and trust. We treat people as individuals, promoting an inclusive environment that values the capabilities and contributions of each person.
We recognise our wider impact on our clients, people and society. We also recognise that decisions we make are investments in a sustainable future. We act with integrity, openness and accountability to stay true to our purpose and behave in a way that is consistent with our values.