More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
We are looking for qualified tax professionals to join our North West corporate tax team, focussing on our Liverpool based clients. As a large practice, we cover a broad range of clients, giving our people opportunities to diversify and broaden their knowledge.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Corporate Tax Assistant Manager role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You will have your own portfolio of clients. As well as managing the corporate tax compliance process for these clients, you will build relationships with key stakeholders in their businesses so that you are their go to person when tax advisory projects arise.
- Be a part of a team. We are a close-knit, supportive team in Liverpool. In corporate tax we are currently a team of 21, but this will increase as we are continually growing and taking on new, interesting, dynamic clients.
- Build your brand. You’ll have the opportunity to start building relationships with clients from day one. If you are interested in business development, you’ll be supported in building your network of work introducers. There is a wealth of opportunity to develop your career while at Grant Thornton.
The minimum criteria
You must be qualified, ACA, CTA, or equivalent with experience of working in a corporate tax compliance and advisory role.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Ideally have some tax advisory experience
- You’ll ideally be qualified (ACA and/or CTA)
- You’ll be Interested in the development of the team you work with
- You are comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time and managing conflicting demands on your time.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.