More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. In Real Estate Tax we pride ourselves on helping transform our clients’ real estate into greater assets. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
We advise real estate funds, global institutional investors, REITs, private investors, the public sector, on investment into UK and pan-European real estate providing tax structuring, tax compliance and tax due diligence advice. We work in all real estate sectors including commercial, office, student housing, industrial logistics, retail and hotels.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Associate Director within our Real Estate Tax (RET) team, you will:
- Be a part of a high performing team with a great deal of tenure within the firm and the sector. We offer opportunities to work with high profile clients and on challenging projects.
- Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their career aspirations.
- Work with the biggest names in the market on some of the most interesting projects around – multi-jurisdictional transactions across real estate and infrastructure with current transactions on in the £60m, £250m and £500m ranges and recent deals over £1bn. The growing number of large clients now working with us means there are huge opportunities for rapid promotion at all levels.
- Own your own work – we are a team of self-starters and will give you the opportunity to cut your own path within the role. With the support of the Partner and Directors, you’ll lead from the front when it comes to dealing with clients, delivering work and engaging with the Real Estate and broader Tax teams. We’ll ensure that you are supported by a team of capable and engaged tax colleagues.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Associate Director the minimum criteria you’ll need:
- ACA / ACCA / CTA qualified or equivalent qualification
- UK corporate tax experience, ideally within the Real Estate sector
- Experience of monitoring junior team members' work and coaching / career development
Preferably, you’ll also have experience in the UK Real Estate market, and demonstrable Business Development experience including working collaboratively with Partner and Director team to build relationships on key accounts
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you to develop along the way.
- Tax structuring - helping our clients to buy and sell properties in a tax efficient manner
- International tax advice and due diligence services on cross-border transactions
- Participate and lead in business development initiatives and proposal activity
- Tax compliance – advising our clients about on-going tax requirements
- Setting up property funds including UK Real Estate Investment Trusts
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.