More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Our Operational Deal Services team advises clients on the operational aspects of transactions and on how to maximise their value. We also specialise in supporting clients with the design and implementation of organisation-wide change programmes that create a sustainable legacy well after the deal is done. We pride ourselves not just in providing insights during the pre-deal phase but in becoming a transformation partner and critical friend for our clients during the deal and beyond; helping them to solve complex problems effectively.
We work pre and post-deal, for corporate, private equity and other institutions, across a range of sectors. We support transactions ranging from owner managed business being sold, to £billion + mergers. Our core service offerings are: carve outs/separations (buy side and sell side), synergy assessments, integrations, operational due diligence (buy side and sell side), and post-deal operational improvement/value realisation.
As part of the wider Business Consulting team within Grant Thornton, we work with a high calibre team of subject matter experts in IT, HR, Finance and Business Operations as with the other Grant Thornton Deals Advisory teams working across the deal life cycle. Our work is mainly UK-based but often has an international dimension where clients have, or are looking to acquire, operations in other territories. We work closely with other Grant Thornton International member firms in delivering international work and our team is one of several Operational Deals capability centres of excellence globally.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As a Manager within our Operational Deal Services team, you will:
- Have end-to-end ownership of workstreams on larger engagements, work closely with the engagement lead on such engagements and being the lead for smaller client engagements
- Apply existing consulting-based approaches to identify solutions and build recommendations into structured, manageable implementation workstreams
- Play a leading role in determining how to effectively communicate concepts, analysis and outcomes to the client and your team
- Support with business development activities, including identification of leads through analysis and your sector knowledge, and preparation of discussion and proposal documents, including liaising with members of other service lines across Grant Thornton
- Help to further develop and grow our team’s expertise, ensuring that we continuously learn from the issues which we encounter on client engagements and benefit from further adapting our approaches for future use
- Impart knowledge and insight to your team, while taking responsibility for your own career development
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is to have:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Deep knowledge of at least one (and ideally more than one) of the core Operational Deal Services offerings: buy-side/vendor due diligence; integration; separation/carve-out; day one planning; post deal change programmes
- Demonstrated experience of managing small teams
- Prior consulting (in-house or advisory) experience or significant project work experience around operations and transactions
- Extensive experience of preparing high quality written reports, Excel analysis and presentations
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Foreign language skills
- A formal Project/Programme Management or Accountancy/Finance qualification
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.