Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Grant Thornton’s Business Consulting consists of Enterprise Applications, Technology, Finance, Operations, Deals and People focus areas. The Enterprise Applications Practice is responsible for advisory and project implementation services related to Oracle Cloud Applications.
Within this role you will perform advisory, and project design and implementation services, to address Procure to Pay and other customer business needs by leveraging the full suite (or subset) of Oracle ERP Cloud products.
Within specific projects, you will take responsibility for the Procure to Pay workstream throughout the implementation lifecycle, managing the solution and the client’s requirement in line with the delivery plan, agreed budget and the overall design. You will promote a strong working relationship and team spirit within the Grant Thornton and customer project team and assist the Solution Architect, Project Manager, and Finance Lead with the delivery of all key milestones. Additionally, outside specific project activity, the role will include contributing to thought leadership around Oracle Procure to Pay Cloud, as well as assistance in business development and practice development for the Enterprise Applications practice as a whole.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Enterprise Applications Oracle Procure to Pay Consultant role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
Own your own work.
- Within a project, own the end-to-end solution for Procure to Pay from the initial conception through to configuration and testing
- Take responsibility for documenting business requirements, configurations and transformational goals to achieve client’s objectives
Be a part of a team.
- Support the Solution Architect and the Project Manager in managing scope, plans and budget
- Lead your area of the project in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, and training
- Take responsibility
- Within Projects
- Build and maintain close relationships with client senior stakeholders
- Be responsible for the specification and documentation of functional and integration designs and extensions
- Identify business opportunities to increase usability of the solution and profitability of the engagement
- Provide leadership and insight for client account development opportunities
- Contribute to the development of go-to market propositions, proposals, and work plans
- Work closely with the rest of the Enterprise Applications team in marketing and business development activities as appropriate
- Build your brand.
- Develop subject matter expertise in Oracle Procure to Pay and network with Oracle communities, including contributions to events and knowledge share sessions
- Take personal responsibility for managing workload to meet own utilisation targets
The minimum criteria
- 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent)
- Oracle certification and accreditation in Procure to Pay Cloud, (or demonstration of equivalent knowledge and willingness to quickly gain relevant certifications)
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing multiple industry clients
- 2+ years of experience in Oracle Procure to Pay Cloud design, configuration and implementation, and/or at least 2 completed end to end Oracle Cloud ERP Procure to Pay projects. In addition to your core Procure to Pay experience you will have ability and experience on other areas of Oracle Cloud functionality.
- Evidence of appropriate Oracle vendor formal training, skills development, and certification (other vendor training experience and knowledge would be a benefit)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles, key metrics and reports
- Proven ability delivering complex and time sensitive projects
- Strong leadership skills; able to conduct meetings and write technically orientated documents
- Ability to engage and respond effectively to client’s senior stakeholder groups
- Able to work with clients to understand current state processes and define future state processes based on business objectives
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 100% if necessary
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.